Saturday

Review : Prisoner (Criminals & Captives #1) by Annika Martin & Skye Warren



Book Blurb


He seethes with raw power the first time I see him—pure menace and rippling muscles in shackles. He’s dangerous. He’s wild. He’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

So I hide behind my prim glasses and my book like I always do, because I have secrets too. Then he shows up in the prison writing class I have to teach, and he blows me away with his honesty. He tells me secrets in his stories, and it’s getting harder to hide mine. I shiver when he gets too close, with only the cuffs and the bars and the guards holding him back. At night I can’t stop thinking about him in his cell.

But that’s the thing about an animal in a cage—you never know when he’ll bite. He might use you to escape. He might even pull you into a forest and hold a hand over your mouth so you can’t call for the cops. He might make you come so hard, you can’t think.

And you might crave him more than your next breath.

Links

Toot's Review by Stephanie Silva

Sometimes what you are the most afraid of is what can set you free. The roles of prisoner and captor become so entwined that you don’t know when you end and he begins. Fate can be a cruel thing but there is always this small kindness it gives you as a sorry way to redeem itself for all the pain and suffering it put you through. Grayson is what fate gave me, a twisted and gray broken soul to complete mine and I am thankful for it.

Prisoner is the story of Grayson, a 26 year old prisoner that is looking for any way to contact his buddies on the outside world to help him escape, and Abby, a 21 year old college student that is doing a memoir with the prisoners as a project for her class. The second they met, they knew there was this attraction between them. They didn’t welcome it but they couldn’t avoid it. Fate has this twisted humor and it decided to tie together two souls with dark pasts that could break down both even more than they already are but…is there some kind of home that they can heal each other instead?

There is no need to say that Grayson scape prison, that smug bad boy always gets what he wants, but he takes our quiet and too composed Abby with him. The reason? Not even he knows. He sure wouldn’t do something so stupid for just lust but sometimes it is easier to accept something that is more believable than the fact that there is still something human inside him.

In this dark romance, Skye plays with our emotions in a very cruel way and explores how a broken soul would stop at nothing in order to get revenge but…would it be worth it? Would it sent you free?

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment