Saturday

Review: Manwhore +1 (Manwhore #2) by Katy Evans



Book Blurb

Billionaire playboy? Check.
Ruthless businessman? Check.
Absolutely sinful? Check.

Malcolm Saint was an assignment. A story. A beautiful, difficult man I was supposed to uncover for a racy exposé.

I intended to reveal him, his secrets, his lifestyle—not let him reveal me. But my head was overtaken by my heart and suddenly nothing could stop me from falling. I fell for him, and I fell hard.

Malcolm Saint is absolute Sin, and I've become a hopeless Sinner.

Now that the assignment is over, Saint wants something from me--something unexpected--and I want this wicked playboy's heart. But how can I prove to the man who trusts no one that I’m worthy of becoming his plus one?

Links

Toot's Review

Manwhore +1 by Katy Evans is the second book in her Manwhore series. The book picks up right where the first book left off. Our heroine Rachel has just released the article that ended the best relationship she has ever had. You see, Rachel is a journalist and was sent on a mission to get close to Chicago’s most infamous bachelor, Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Sparks ignite and the two smolder until she releases the article. “Saint” flips his lid, he’s hurt and feels betrayed by what Rachel has done. This all happens in the first book and Manwhore +1 is the aftermath of that mistake.
Rachel has gone into a deep depression. She never meant to hurt him. She turned the article into a “love letter” about the famous bachelor and by doing that, she felt that the article and lies she hide from him would lessen the blow of her betrayal but “Saint” won't even talk to her. She vows to stay away but when “Saint” summons her to his office, her heart starts to beat again but it's not what she’s hoping, he’s offering her a job at his company and that’s all. He is now, cold and distant. The love they shared is dead or is it? Can these two clear their way though the spotlight, betrayal and lies to find their way back together or is this really the end?
I loved this book! I was a bit on the fence with the first book because I hate when my heroines stab the love interest in the back but Rachel totally redeems herself in this book. She has learned her lesson and puts everything on the line to prove her commitment to him. She is a great heroine for this strong alpha billionaire. The only critique I would have would to have a dual POV. There were times when I really wished I could understand Saint a bit more during certain scenes. Other then that, 5 stars baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment