Wednesday

Interview with newest Toot's Book Reviewer - Betty Bee!


Interview
with
~*Betty Bee*~



Hi Betty Bee of Toot's Book Reviews!!!

As the newest member of Toot's Book Reviews, I thought it would be fun for our followers to get to know you all a bit better?

So here we go Betty!!!!

First, for people who may not know you, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a dental hygienist by day and book addict by night. I have been told that I am a very gentle dental hygienist, so don’t fear me. LOL! Besides books I also love movies and music. I love going to concerts, mostly rock but I like a lot of different types of music. I am also an animal lover and have been vegan for about 15 years and vegetarian before that.

How long have you been with Toot's Book Reviews?

I just join Toot’s Book Reviews. Thanks so much to Carey for having me!

What's your role with the blog?

I will be writing reviews and do occasional interviews with authors.

In your own words, tell us a bit about your blog?

I don’t have my own blog as I don’t really have time to maintain one on my own at this time. Before joining Toot’s Book Reviews, I was a guest reviewer on a few different book blogs.

How did you become a blogger/reviewer?

I love to read and keep notes. One day I realized that a jump from just taking notes for myself to writing reviews to share with other readers wasn’t that much of a jump. I found out that I really enjoy writing reviews and sharing my love of books with others!

What is your favorite part of being a blogger/reviewer?

Sharing my love for books, for sure!

What's your least favorite part?

Keeping up with writing reviews soon after finishing each book when I am super busy with work and life.


How long have you been blogging/reviewing?

I have been guest reviewing for about a year.

Can you tell us about one of your most memorable moments of being a blogger/reviewer?

Getting my first review posted and getting comments on it! It was such an awesome feeling to know people are interested in my opinion!

Besides the blog, what other things do you do to show your love of reading (i.e Street Teams, Book Events, Book Groups, other blogs)?

I love to attend author readings/book events. I also subscribe to a bunch of book blogs and love to read reviews and comment.

Has being a reviewer/blogger helped you personally or professionally in anyway?

It helps me remember more details from books I love for longer when I write a review. Writing a review helps me to connect and enjoy a book even more.

Did you do research into reviewing/blogging or did you jump right in?

It depends on the book. For fiction, I tend to just jump in. For non-fiction, if I am introduced to a concept I want to know more about or a concept I think sound fishy, I will do some research first.

Any suggestions for would-be bloggers/reviewers?

Yes, when you first start out, don’t worry if what you write is good or not. Just write what comes to mind. Then read it and edit and add to it until you are happy with it. When I first started writing reviews, I only wrote them for myself until I grew more confidence.

Personal......

If your blog was Ice Cream, what flavor would it be?

Vegan Chocolate made with coconut milk!

Where do you see your blog in 3 years?

Still going strong.

What is your fondest memory involving books?

Reading books in the middle of the night under the covers with a flashlight.

What do you do to unwind and relax?

Read, read, and read!

If you enter book giveaways, what's the best prize you've personally won?

I once won an entire box of books from a Harper Collins giveaway. That was very cool!

What's the worst?

I won a book that I hated once.

A few random questions....

Favorite Food - Vegan fresh made pasta

Favorite Color - Purple

Favorite Movie - I can’t name just one, there are way too many!

Favorite Song - Same as for movies, I can’t name just one!

Favorite Quote - I don’t have one favorite.

Favorite Book Genre - I am a very eclectic reader but my absolute favorite is historical fiction.

First Book You Reviewed (for the blog) – Clown William and the Wind of Vengeance by Robin Elno

Top 5 favorite books or authors –

1. Michelle Moran

2. Christopher Meeks

3. Elyse Douglas

4. Margaret Atwood

5. Colleen McCullough


Thank you so much for letting us into your head and for being apart of Toot's Book Reviews!

We'd be no where without you ladies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment