Tuesday

Unbroken (Fighter Erotic Romance #4) by Scott Hildreth : Spotlight, Trailer, Teasers & Author Interview


Also read an excerpt from Scott's newest release Karter


Book Blurb & Info

Unbroken
Fighter Erotica Series #4 

by Scott Hildreth

Genre: Erotica
Published: Oct 25, 2014


Book 4 of 4 (Book 1 & 2 tell one tale). Unbroken is the fourth and final book in the "UNDEFEATED" series. It follows the lives of Shane and Kace from the first book.

As Shane Dekkar prepares for the biggest fight of his career - the Heavyweight Championship of the World - life throws him an unexpected uppercut so damaging he takes a step back and reconsiders EVERYTHING.

In his reevaluation of life and all things in it, he migrates to where he found comfort for years, street fights and bare knuckles matches for spare cash. Risking his career, health, the championship, his relationship, and his friends, Shane must find a way to rise from the muck and mire he's living in and either fight for what he believes in, or remain where he currently finds comfort - in the bowels of society.

Can people truly change or do we always naturally migrate to a place of comfort in hard times?

Will Shane go back to his love, friends, and life, or will he revert to his roots and be a loner?


* WARNING *
This book contains scenes of graphic violence and sex that some readers may find offensive.


Buy Links



Best described in A-Train's discussion with Ripp, Shane just might be "Unbroken"...

"I've seen what exposing a man to violence and bloodshed can do, Ripp. I've witnessed it first hand. Some men take exception to it from the start, and those men can recover. The savages? The men who came from a life of violence? Well, they actually find comfort in it. There isn't a way to fix 'em, because they aren't really broken. Lemme ask you a question. If you take a wolf out of the wild, does it take the wild out of the wolf?"

Unbroken, the final chapter in the Undefeated series. If you enjoy Jamie Begley, Joanna Wilds Reaper's Stand, Tessa Bailey, L. A. Casey, Deborah Bladon Ruin, Heather Topham Wood, Zane Zane's Addicted, Rachel Robinson, Shayla Black, Stepbrother Dearest Penelope Ward, or Down and Out Kelley R. Martin, Pepper Winters, Lexi Blake, Whitney Gracia Williams, Lauren Blakely, and Laurelin Paige, you'll certainly love this novel.

Buy Links



Teasers



Series Info



Undefeated (Book 1) : Amazon / Amazon UK / Goodreads
Unstoppable (Book 2) : Amazon / Amazon UK / Goodreads
Unleashed (Book 3) : Amazon Amazon UK / Goodreads

Interview


Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for sitting down with Toot's for an interview. If you don't mind, I have some questions for you about your series, Undefeated, your new book, Unbroken, and your process for our budding authors as well as fans.

So first off, your newest book is part of your series, Undefeated. Let's talk about the series as a whole....

In your own words, what is the Undefeated series about? 


It’s about overcoming abuse, the power of family, and defeating your demons; whatever they may be.

What inspired the series?

The series kind of fell into place after the first book. I intended on writing the first book, and seeing what people thought. After it went to #1, I decided to make it a series. People loved the characters. The first book was inspired by an abused woman who finally removed herself from the person who had been abusing her for years. I assisted her in removing him from her life....or something to that effect.

What are some of the elements of the world you created?

Strength in family, even if it is not blood, is a big part of the series. Several of the characters do not have family. They are able to flourish due to the strength of the family they have developed in great friends.

If you had to pick one thing, what is your favorite thing about the world you’ve created for your series?

My favorite thing would be each and every character’s ability to overcome their weakness. Shane’s need for a blanket (his dogtags/hoodie), Ripp’s sexual prowess, Vee’s work, A-Train’s war and Kace’s abuse. Seeing them develop into good solid stable people considering their past is a fabulous thing.

Can you tell us a bit about the newest book in the series, Unbroken? 

Unbroken is about the entire gang coming full circle. Not to spoil, but Shane and Kace have some medical concerns with her pregnancy. I wanted to allow the reading world to understand life is not full of glimmer and unicorns. Sometimes we’re dealt a card we don’t like. So many people write books which are way left field (dark kidnapping, etc...) other times books are HEA after HEA. Life, however, can be difficult at best. I wanted to expose the reader to the adversity of life.

How did you come up with the title of your newest book in the series and can you tell us its significance?

I picked Unbroken because Shane Dekkar is an Undefeated. He ended up, during the course of Kace’s pregnancy, becoming about a fraction of an inch from being truly broken. Unbroken was a very accurate description of him. In a sense he repaired himself and became “UN” Broken.

How does the new book, Unbroken, fit into the series? 

It ties everything together through the power of understanding, acceptance, and having a family who looks at you through the most understanding of eyes, regardless of what you may expose them to.

How many books are planned for the series? 

The series is complete with Unbroken, the fourth. There will be a book about the ancillary character, A-Train. It will not, however, be part of the series.

What genre would you say Unbroken is and what sets your book apart for fans of the genre? 

It clearly falls within the Erotica genre. My books, as described by many readers, always have a lesson within the story. There are never simple situations or scenes. Everything means something. My books are carefully crafted to be certain all scenes, characters, and situations are necessary. It makes for a fast paced book which will leave you thinking in the end. Additionally, people can relate to my books as if they were written about them (the reader).

What was your favorite scene to write in Unbroken? 

The scene where A-Train gets in a fight with Shane. That scene in the diner and the parking lot was spectacular in my mind to the growth of their friendship and the story.

What was the hardest scene to write for Unbroken? 

Oh my. Nice question. The scene where it all ended. Not because it was the end, but because of the content and the friendship. It gutted me.

What is your favorite line or quote from Unbroken? 

Today I don’t need to win a fight to feel like a champion. Today I am a champion, and I know it. All I have to do is look around me.

Writing.......

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated and what made you decide to pursue it as a career?

I decided to do it, locked myself in the house, sold everything I owned, and wrote Broken People. The rest, as they say, is history. Now it is my career.

What inspires you to put the pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard? 

Telling a story no one else has. Simply telling it inspires me.

What are some of the elements in/of your writing process? 

It’s unlike what anyone imagines. I sit at the computer wearing a hoodie and with a cup of coffee. I write seven days a week, 14 hours (give or take) a day until I’m done, I don’t leave and I don’t goof off. When I’m done, I take a week or 10 days off, and start over. I have no life.

Are you a Plotter or a Panster? 

Panster. I have never written an outline. The characters take off and do what they do. I’m as surprised as the readers.

Have you released anything under a different pen name, and if so, is there any difference between them? 

I have not. I do not believe I ever will. I have children’s books in the works, and I believe even they will be under my name.

What's next for you? 

Angel Fish and or Empty. I can’t decide which is next. ...

Just completed “Karter” (see below for book info and excerpt) an erotic novel about an artist (Karter, a woman) and a Navy SEAL. She rides a Harley, is covered in tattoos, and he retired from the Navy after 20 years as a SEAL. It is simply a GREAT angsty tale.

Is there anything you’d like to add or say to your fans? 

Thank you.

Personal questions......

Now I know this is like asking you to choose between your own children, but out of all your amazing characters, who is your favorite and why? 

Mike Ripton. He was the best guy to ever grace my pages.

Are there any of your stories or characters that hold a special place in your heart? 

The Fat Kid from Broken People, and Karter from my newest book. They’re both so real.

If the book or series had to have a theme song, what would it be? 

Half Crazy by the Barr Brothers.

Lastly, What 5 things do fans not know about you and 5 they don't know about the series? 

Me
  1. I don’t drink alcohol
  2. I don’t smoke
  3. I’m married to a wonderful woman
  4. I can’t ride a roller coaster
  5. and I ride a Harley. 
Series
  1. There’s a lesson to learn in each book
  2. Generally my addresses or numbers used are biblical
  3. Mike Ripton is afraid of mice
  4. Shane is a softie
  5. and A-Train is going to get married

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking time to answer some questions. Congratulations on the new book and I can't wait for everyone to read it – Sincerely, Toot

Author Info

Scott Hildreth was born in San Diego, California and now resides in Wichita, Kansas.

He lives a simple life of reading, writing and riding his motorcycle. When he isn't writing, you may find him in a local coffee shop, tattoo parlor or riding his Harley.

Scott is a proud father and lives devoted to the love of his life, Jessica.

His exposures in life and his experience in writing allow him to cross many genres and do so with a high degree of accuracy.

Scott's novels include Broken People, Undefeated, Unstoppable, Unleashed, Unbroken, Baby Girl - Ruined, Baby Girl - Owned, Baby Girl - Loved, To the Depths of Hell, The Alpha-Bet, Finding Parker, and Karter (November 2015).

Stalk him!!
Amazon / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter

New Release

Karter
by Scott Hildreth

***STAND ALONE, HEA, EROTICA, NO CHEATING***

Jak is a former Navy SEAL attempting to secretly return to civilian life after a career in the military. For some reason he’s afraid to return to his hometown. He decides to hide in the comfort of Wichita, 30 miles away.

Karter is a gorgeous woman attempting to hide from everyone. She is covered in tattoos, rides a Harley, has a foul mouth, and works as an artist painting abstract art at home. She hates people, and rightfully so. Someone has turned her in to the state for being mentally insane, and although she’s not an addict, she must complete a 28 day drug treatment.

When they meet, it’s magic. The once in a lifetime explosion of emotion, infatuation, and passion we all dream of. Immediately, they both feel love.

Jak is older.

Karter is younger.

For fear of the other person not being able to accept the truth, they each choose to not disclose their age.

But sooner or later, all secrets come to the surface.

All secrets.

And when they do, everything changes.

Everything.

**This book contains descriptions of sexual situations and scenes you may not be comfortable reading. Please be responsible and over the age of 18 to enjoy this book**

Buy Links

Book Excerpt

“Need a ride somewhere?” I asked. “I’m not leaving it here,” she snapped as she pointed toward the cars entering the highway. “Well,” I hesitated as I turned toward the truck. “We can load it in the bed of the truck. I’ve got some tie-down straps in the back.”
“You got any ramps?” she raised her eyebrows and pushed her fingers into her back pockets. “No, but we shouldn’t need them. Together we can lift the front tire into the bed, you can get in, and I’ll lift the rear in by myself,” I said confidently. “It’s a full size Harley Softail. It weighs seven fifty,” she chuckled. “Well, it’s worth a try,” I shrugged. “Better not scratch it. I’m Karter,” she said as she reached over the bike. Her hand was covered in grease, paint, and tattoos. Without hesitation, I took her hand in mine and shook it firmly. If she was nothing else, she was an interesting woman. She looked as if she spent a considerable amount of time in the sun, probably on her bike. It was difficult totell her age due to the dark color of her tanned skin, but my guess was somewhere in her latter twenties. “I’m Jak,” I said as we shook. “Yeah, you said that already. I heard you the first time,” she nodded as she released my hand. She swiftly kicked the kick-stand and began pushing the bike toward the rear of the truck. “I got it, this isn’t the first time I’ve had to push this fucker somewhere,” she said as I tried to help her push the bike backward. “Fair enough,” I said as I released the seat from my grasp and smiled. “You said that earlier. Fair enough. Quite a vocabulary you have, Jak,” she smiled as she brought the bike to a stop alongside the rear of the truck. In twenty years of travels, I’d been to more countries than I could ever count, and encountered no less than a million people. I had never, however, been exposed to any woman more brash than Karter. I smiled and rolled my eyes as she positioned the bike in the center of the truck’s bumper. “Just hop in the bed and steady the handlebars,” I said as I lowered the tailgate. “Fair enough,” she responded. I turned to face her and smiled. As she jumped into the bed of the truck, I noticed the knife clipped to her right jeans pocket. Although many people in recent years carried knives, very few chose one worth actually using. She, on the other hand, had selected one worthy of combat. One I would have chosen. “Benchmade. Nice choice,” I nodded as I pulled upward on the handlebars. “Thanks for noticing. Not much sense in carrying some cheap fucker from Wal-Mart. Anything worth doing is worth doing right,” she said as he bent over and reached for the handlebars. “I agree,” I responded. A Benchmade folding combat style knife would cost a civilian roughly three hundred dollars. When a similar but certainly less effective copy could be purchased for one tenth the cost, the few who chose to carry such a blade generally did so for a reason. A gorgeous Harley riding, tattooed, combat knife carrying woman covered in miscellaneous colors of paint and grease. If Karter was doing nothing else, she was capturing my interest. I needed to know more. As soon as the rear tire of the bike entered the bed of the truck, she grinned as if she wondered all along whether or not I could have actually lifted it. “So you’re more than just big and sexy. You’re actually useful, Jak. You hold it steady, and I’ll strap it down,” she said as she straightened the handlebars. She thinks I’m sexy. Well, Karter, the feeling is mutual. “Fair enough,” I chuckled. Maybe retirement wouldn’t be so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment