Sunday

Review : Reckless (Reckless #1) by Priscilla West (NA)



Book Blurb


Everything about him warned me to stay away.

I’d seen bad boys before, but he had it all and more. The rippling muscles covered in tatts, the piercing eyes hiding dark secrets, the silky voice that could make a girl come with just a whisper . . . 

He was exactly the type of guy that would get me in trouble, but when he jumped off the stage, inked skin glistening with sweat and breathed his seductive words into my ear, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

It was supposed to be the best one-night stand of my life, but fate didn’t let it play out that way. Things happened. I got upset. I got hasty. And worst of all, I got reckless.

After that disaster, I thought it was the last I’d see of him. But what I didn’t know was that I’d started something.

Something that could shatter the very thing I had worked so hard to protect.

I should have known back then that the most seductive things in life are also the most dangerous.

Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Riley and her friend Jen end up at the Wallabee bar one Friday night. They are in for a rare event when a band takes the stage and total chaos breaks out. The women and some men in the crowd go completely crazy. Riley makes it through the mass of bodies to the stage. Her gaze is instantly drawn to the lead singer of the band and she is immediately under his spell. He invites her backstage. However, Riley soon learns he is a jerk and leaves him wanting.

Of course she ends seeing him again when she is hired to be the band’s accountant on tour. She is shocked when she realizes and exasperated when the Rock God, Jax, decides she is a challenge for him. She is determined to keep things strictly professional. Jax has other ideas.

Riley fights a good fight but finds she is in a losing battle. Things get serious fast. However when Jax’s past gets in the way Riley is unsure what to think or do. She is torn between protecting herself from getting hurt and embracing love.

I like this book. At first I was unsure what to think when the story started the way it did. Riley was pretty wild for an accountant and Jax came across as a bit sleazy to me, but they both grew on me. Then I really liked them together. The chase was fun to read. You knew she wouldn’t be able to hold out for long.

I also could really see Riley’s frustration when Jax became distant. Her fear from her past would rear its ugly head. When Jax finally revealed his demons, I wasn’t shocked. What shocked me was Riley’s final actions in the book. You go girl. I give this book a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment