Monday

Spotlight, Promo & Author Interview : Love in a Small Town Box Set by Various Authors


Who doesn't enjoy a charming love story where the towns are small but folks’ hearts are big? Now you can get ten of them together for just $.99 cents in this Love in a Small Town book bundle courtesy of Crimson Romance…

Book Blurb


Curl up tonight with these ten down-to-earth heroes who know just how to set the neighbors’ tongues wagging with their good looks and easygoing charm. But life in a small town isn’t always sweet and simple, and love can get more than a little complicated in these heartfelt contemporary romances:



Box Set Includes:
California Sunset by Casey Dawes
Slow Ride by Kat Morrisey
Coming Home by Christine S. Feldman
Begin Again by Christy Newton
Lake Effect by Johannah Bryson
All About Charming Alice by J. Arlene Culiner
Broken Wings, Soaring Hearts by Beverly A. Rogers
Charmed by Inés Saint
Angel Without Wings by Mari Manning
Breaking the Rules by Melinda Dozier

Buy Links

Grab the entire collection now for just $.99 cents, 
and see for yourself just how sweet small-town love can be…


See what previous readers and reviewers are saying about these stories on Amazon:

California Sunset by Casey Dawes -

“…pulls at your heart making you feel what you didn't know you could.”

Slow Ride by Kat Morrisey -

"The chemistry between Kyla and Copper is so hot you will need a cool glass of water…”

Coming Home by Christine S. Feldman -

“…an emotional ride, beautifully written and developed.”

Begin Again by Christy Newton -

“…a sweet, poignant small town romance which is a pleasure to read.”

Lake Effect by Johannah Bryson -

“…flirty, fun, and just right to take your troubles away for awhile.”

All About Charming Alice by J. Arlene Culiner -

“…an emotional, heartfelt, dazzling experience.”

Broken Wings, Soaring Hearts by Beverly A. Rogers -

“…a sweet, deep and very inspiring and fast read with a great plot that will keep you hooked…”

Charmed by Inés Saint -

“…a charmingly sweet romance with warmth and humor that you will enjoy throughout the book.”

Angel Without Wings by Mari Manning -

A story about family, love, and redemption…

Breaking the Rules by Melinda Dozier -

“…a beautiful romance about taking risks and second chances.”

Grab the entire collection now for just 99 cents, and see for yourself just how sweet small-town love can be…

Author Interview



Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for sitting down with Toot's for an interview. If you don't mind, I have some questions for you about your new box set Love in a Small Town, your contribution to it, Coming Home, and your process for our budding authors as well as fans.

So first off, your story, Coming Home, is part of a new box set, Love in a Small Town. Let's talk about the box set as a whole....

In your own words, what is Love in a Small Town about?


Love in a Small Town is a collection of a colorful range of contemporary romances that have one thing very much in common: a small town setting. There’s a little something for everyone here!  J

Who came up with the idea?

Our publisher, Crimson Romance. Crimson has put together some wonderful book bundles this summer, and each one revolves around a different theme. Please feel free to stop by and check them out!

How did you become involved with it?

Crimson contacted me to let me know that my debut release with them had been chosen to be one of the lucky contenders for this particular bundle, and everything just went from there.

Your story ……

Can you tell us a bit about your specific contributing story, Coming Home?


Sure!

No woman ever really forgets her first love. Callie Sorenson is no exception. Hers was tall, tanned, and - as her older brother’s best friend - completely off limits.

Danny McCutcheon.

It’s a name that Callie hasn’t spoken in years, even if the man to whom it belongs has never really been all that far from her thoughts. Or her heart. But now a twist of fate will bring her back to the childhood home she left behind years ago, and to the hometown boy for whom she secretly longed.

When her mother takes a bad fall and breaks her hip, Callie leaves the bright lights of New York City to fly back west and help with the rehabilitation. It’s a tense homecoming due to a long time estrangement between mother and daughter, and it drives Callie to confront both a painful personal loss and her unanswered questions about the father who abandoned her when she was just a child.

It also brings her face to face with Danny again, and Callie quickly realizes that old feelings die hard.

But for Danny, it’s new feelings that are a problem. Callie is not the young girl he remembers but a woman now, and a very desirable one. They both have reasons to fight the growing attraction between them, but the temptation may just prove to be too much to resist, despite some very real risk to their hearts. The past casts a long shadow over the future, though, and Callie will have to overcome it or else face losing the one man who means the most to her.

How does your story, Coming Home, fit into the theme of the box set?

Well, Callie’s returning home to the small town life she left behind years ago, and—of course—the guy for whom she used to carry a huge torch. It’s a big adjustment for her since she’s become so used to big cities and to keeping people at an emotional arm’s length. In a small town, though, sometimes it isn’t quite so easy to maintain that emotional distance…


What was your favorite scene to write for your hero or heroine in Coming Home?


Ooo, tough to say. I enjoyed the playing pool scene quite a bit because of the flirty atmosphere, but the scene in which Callie and Danny find themselves alone together beside the river was pretty fun, too. ;)

What was the hardest scene to write for Coming Home?

Well, I can’t tell you too much without giving away certain plot details, but there’s a scene in the latter part of the book in which Callie finally gets a chance to confront some of the things from her past which have been emotionally crippling her for years. It’s the kind of confrontation that would be equally hard in real life.

What is your favorite line or quote from Coming Home?

Another tough choice. Hmm…how about this one?

Picking up his beer, he put it to his lips to stop himself from asking where the tattoo was. Bad enough that images were already popping into his mind of inked artwork in intimate places…

Writing.......

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated and what made you decide to pursue it as a career?


I’m pretty sure it started with a childhood obsession with Black Stallion stories and horses. I couldn’t afford horses of my own, but I could certainly write about them! (With the added bonus that there were no stables to be mucked out…) And then I just wrote about all kinds of things until about the time I went off to college and figured I ought to pick a more practical career: teaching. Some years after that, I missed writing so much that I started doing it again on weekends and during evenings… and I haven’t stopped since.

What inspires you to put the pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard?

Have you read that quote by Toni Morrison? The one that says, “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” Well, I love to read, too, and sometimes I have a hankering for a particular kind of story but can’t seem to find it already out there. So… I start writing it.  J

What are some of the elements in/of your writing process?

I usually start with a few vague ideas that don’t fit completely together at first, and then I start brainstorming ways in which they could. Then I jot them down along with notes about things that would need to be taken into consideration as I flesh the story out later, and often those things spark further ideas, too. Sometimes I start with a character, and other times a situation, but I find they usually are pretty closely entwined in my writing process.

Are you a Plotter or a Panster?

Big plotter. Too high-strung to be anything else. J What can I say? I like to know where my story’s headed before I get going on it.

Have you released anything under a different pen name, and if so, is there any difference between them?

I’ve only released contemporary romances so far, and only under Christine S. Feldman. But… I’m a big fan of fantasy, too, and I have a couple projects planned in that genre as well. Which I suppose means I will need to start thinking about an appropriate pen name—got any suggestions?

What's next for you?

I’ve got a contemporary romance due out most likely later this month titled All’s Fair in Love and Weddings, and I’ve been plotting out a sort of Gothic paranormal mystery type of story that I first wrote as a screenplay. It placed in several contests and was even performed as a staged reading in New York (I was so excited!), so I figure there’s some worthwhile material there to convert into a novel.

Is there anything you’d like to add or say to your fans?

Thanks for your support and for taking the time to read and review. Without readers, a writer’s a pretty lonely person! I hope you enjoy this book bundle and the chance it offers to explore some wonderful authors, and I—and they—hope you’ll stop by and visit with us on Facebook! You can find me at https://www.facebook.com/ChristineSFeldman.  J

Personal questions......

Now I know this is like asking you to choose between your own children, but out of all your amazing characters, who is your favorite and why?


Ouch, that is hard! I’m pretty darn fond of them all. I don’t know—maybe Aimee from Playing Cupid? She’s such a fearless sort of free spirit, and I’ve often wished I could be the kind of daring person she is. She gets away with saying and doing some pretty outrageous things…

Are there any of your stories or characters that hold a special place in your heart?

I know it probably sounds like a cop-out, but honestly, they really are all special to me! I pour a lot of myself into all of them, and each one is special to me for different reasons.

If the box set or your story had to have a theme song, what would it be?

You know, for some reason “Someone Like You” by Van Morrison popped into my head when you asked that. (Possibly because it plays during the ending scene of Bridget Jones—at least, I think it does—and I LOVE that scene…) Yeah, that song works for me!

Lastly, What 5 things do fans not know about you and 5 they don't know about the book?

5 Things About Me:

1) I used to take bellydance lessons—it’s a lot of fun, and a surprisingly good workout
2) I might be addicted to Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files series (told you I like fantasy)
3) I’m currently learning French because it’s something I’ve always wanted to do
4) I love all things Celtic
5) I am, well, a wee bit socially awkward

5 Things About Coming Home:

1) Family is a big theme in it
2) So is loss, and how different people deal with it
3) At one point, someone gets smacked with an oar. On purpose. And they kind of deserved it.
4) I consulted my sister, a nurse, about the medical details in the book so things would be authentic (so don’t worry, everything’s on the level—no one’s dancing the jive a week after breaking their hip or anything…)
5) There are no UFO or Elvis sightings in this book, although now I kind of wish I’d included one. Just because.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking time to answer some questions. Congratulations on the new box set and I can't wait for everyone to read it!

Author Info



Christine S. Feldman writes both novels and feature-length screenplays, and she has placed in screenwriting competitions on both coasts. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her ballroom-dancing husband and their beagle.

http://christinesfeldman.com



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring our book bundle today, Carey! I enjoyed the interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interview! Thanks for featuring our bundle today!

    ReplyDelete