Sunday

Ladies of Toot's : An Interview with Stacy Sabala


Interview
with
~*Stacy Sabala*~


Hi ladies of Toot's Book Reviews!!!

I thought it would be fun for our followers to get to know you all a bit better? I did a review for the blog for our 1 year blogiversary and boy was it difficult but I learned a lot. I thought for a special pressie, I'd interview my co-reviewers, so people get to know you each individually better.

So here we go Stacy!!!!

First, for people who may not know you, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a teacher and have been for over 10 years. This year I started teaching college level classes which has been fun. Apparently I like school and have two advanced degrees for my effort. I am crazy what can I say. Carey and I have known each other forever, like 20 years. We have been family for most of it. We share a bond, we married twin brothers. We are so in it together, have to be with those two. I have 3 kids of my own and three dogs. I live in chaos and reading is my escape.

How long have you been with Toot's Book Reviews?

Since the beginning

What's your role with the blog?

I am a reviewer. I get to read awesome books and say what I like about them.

In your own words, tell us a bit about your blog?

We love to read and we like to share. That is the basis of the whole thing.

How did you become a blogger/reviewer?

Carey called me one day and asked if I would be interested in helping her out with reviews. She was completely swamped and needed someone she could count on. Once she explained what I needed to do, I became a reading machine.

What is your favorite part of being a blogger/reviewer?

I love reading books before they become available to other people. A small pleasure in life when I get to say I have already read it before it comes out. I also feel that my opinion counts which helps validate me as an educated person. Education is a tough gig and Reviewing keeps me balanced.

What's your least favorite part?

Some author can get pushy about getting their book read. I am swamped but I want to read them all the way through. I owe to them to get a care picture of their story and give my opinion. I don’t like to rush through just so I’m done.

How long have you been blogging/reviewing?

All my life.

Can you tell us about one of your most memorable moments of being a blogger/reviewer?

The first time I had an author tell me how much they liked the review I gave their book. I loved getting the personal feedback.

Besides the blog, what other things do you do to show your love of reading (i.e Street Teams, Book Events, Book Groups, other blogs)? 

I post my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Has being a reviewer/blogger helped you personally or professionally in anyway?

I read each book more critically. I really try to be more positive about a story, knowing the hard work that goes into.

Did you do research into reviewing/blogging or did you jump right in?

No I jumped right in. I had never really thought about doing it before.

Any suggestions for would-be bloggers/reviewers?

You have to be very opened minded and realize that not all books are going to be your favorite and its ok to give your honest opinion. However try not to blast the author if you didn’t like it. Always try to find positive things to say even if you didn’t like the book.

Personal......

If your blog was Ice Cream, what flavor would it be?

Cookies and cream

Where do you see your blog in 3 years?

Continuing as it is now, just bigger!

What is your fondest memory involving books?

Getting a Kindle and realizing I can take 1000 books with me wherever I go!

What do you do to unwind and relax?

I read a lot! My favorite is a book and a bubble bath

If you enter book giveaways, what's the best prize you've personally won?

Autographed books are my favorite

What's the worst?

Haven’t gotten anything I haven’t liked yet.

A few random questions....

Favorite Food - Mexican

Favorite Color - All shades of blue

Favorite Movie - The Avengers Love action movies

Favorite Song - Daylight by Maroon 5, I’m telling you that Adam Levine…Yum!

Favorite Quote - Just Because you can doesn’t mean you should. -Ash

Favorite Book Genre - Paranormal

First Book You Reviewed (for the blog) – Shucked by Megg Jensen (1st 5 star) & Deadly Kisses by Kerri Cuevas (1st)

Top 5 favorite books or authors – Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Gena Showalter, Karen Marie Moning, Katie MacAlister,

Lastly, what are 5 things fans don't know about you or the blog?
  1. I like tattoos. 
  2. I’m a Pisces. 
  3. I don’t like to drive. 
  4. I am afraid of small spaces, high places and snakes. 
  5. I can’t dance.
Thank you so much for letting us into your head and for being apart of Toot's Book Reviews!
We'd be no where without you ladies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment