Sunday

Review: TAG by Shari J. Ryan



Book Blurb

What if your family had a big secret . . . a life changing secret. My dad, the bigwig CIA agent, was always on the run, whether he was being chased or doing the chasing. I missed him. Then my mom passed away, and my sister was murdered. I turned my solitude to strength because the alternative was too bleak.

But my luck seemed to turn: I met Tango. And while I want him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my twenty-two years, danger lurks around every corner and I simply can’t take the chance of it finding me. But his tattoos, his smell, his darkness, and his body— that marine has taken over my every thought. But, what if he too isn’t what I think? A ticking time bomb isn’t going to leave me much time to waver. Even the bravest person can be in need of a miracle.

Before she was gone, my mom warned me to know everyone and trust no one. But what was I supposed to do when I found out I am the one not to be trusted? Turns out, I was always the bait in this conspiracy.

In author Shari J. Ryan’s gripping novel, TAG, the canyons hold secrets, the waterfalls provide safety, and romance has a pesky way of showing up when you are sweaty and dirty and least expect it.


Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Carolina watched her sister die as they were hunted. Someone wants to know where her father is. She tried to save her but carries the guilt that she was unable to. She has dedicated her life to live for her sister Krissy and seek revenge on all who hurt her.

She ends up at the same college her sister was attending to seek her revenge on a professor for doing the unthinkable to her sister. After she accomplishes what she wanted, her father calls her wanting her to go to Boston. She hates flying.

A strange man on the flight sees her distress and offers her something to help. When the flight is over he seems everywhere. He sits and waits in the terminal as she also waits to receive a text from her dad telling her where to go. Unfortunately Cali figures out the man is now her new bodyguard thanks to dad.

Tango was hired to keep her safe. He knows the general area where her father is located. He also knows that there is no way he would be texting her. They hide out in Boston for a little while then head to Cape Cod. He knows she isn’t safe.

As they hide out Cali fights her attraction for Tango. Yet she starts letting him in. He is there to protect her but he also understands everything she has lost and what it has done to her.

When they decide to seek out her father together, they make a run for it. However Tango knows that things can turn bad quickly. Cali questions her trust in Tango and continues to waver. She is shocked to learn he may be the only person she can trust.

This book is full of danger and excitement. It pulls you in instantly. Cali is tough and bad-ass. I loved her immediately. Her character type is one of my all-time favorites. She is strong and out to avenge her sister. She takes care of herself and trusts no one. Then along comes Tango and she fights him at every turn. It was fun to watch how frustrated she got. She had met her match and watching her fall hard was icing on the cake. I adored Tango’s character. He was an ex-marine, tough, strong and had a soft heart full of understanding. He was a sign worthy mix.

The plot was an excellent journey. The cancer issue was a bit out there but the cause of most of the pain in Cali’s life begins with it. So it was a necessary part of the story.

There was, however, a lot of violence and death in this story. So those of you who don’t like that beware of it. It fit into the story though moving it along and adding to the excitement of the chase.

I liked the characters and most of the storyline. I would recommend this book. I give it a 4 out of 5.







No comments:

Post a Comment